Saturday, June 2, 2012

KBShimmer Berry Patch

After taking off my dark green snakeskin mani, I wanted to go in the opposite direction with something a little softer and girly.  Gah!  Me, girly?  Well, only when it comes to nail polish!  A few weeks back, I made my first successful indie purchase off Etsy.  I usually get shut out on Etsy restocks because I think I hesitate and over-think what I want to buy or just don't have a game plan going in.  But when KBShimmer did her last restock, I managed to snag Newsprint and Berry Patch.  Newsprint was the reason I was stalking the restock to begin with, but when I saw Berry Patch, I knew I had to have it also.  I'm so glad I got it because it's awesome!  When my shipment arrived, I kept staring at the bottle.  It makes me want to run out and get a fruit smoothie!


There is such a great mixture of glitters in this polish.  You've got micro glitter in different shades of pink, some small metallic purple/raspberry hex glitters, small holographic hex glitters and big blue hex glitters, which I think are a perfect contrast to all the pink glitter and the creamy pink base.  I love glitters like this in pastel cream bases!  They are some of my absolute favorite polishes.  For Berry Patch, I started with three thin coats and then added one coat of Gelous and one coat of Seche Vite.  I just couldn't narrow down which photos to use so get ready for some pic spam.






I can't wait for KBShimmer's next restock.  A date hasn't been set yet but she did announce on her Facebook page that she plans on having the next restock on her own website, KBShimmer.com, rather than on her Etsy shop.  She also has a line of handcrafted soaps, scrubs and balms.  I haven't purchased any of those myself but if I'm lucky to get a few more polishes on her next restock, I plan to buy a few of the soaps or the sugar scrubs as well.  They look great and I've heard some good reviews from others who did purchase soaps along with their polishes.

6 comments:

  1. It's so girlie and pretty! I love the hint of blue glitter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great name for this polish. It does make me want to get a smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! I keep waiting for kbshimmer

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I just found your blog :) I hope you can check my out, so we can follow eachother?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! I love your nail shape.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...