Monday, May 28, 2012

Nail Snapshots!

Today I've been catching up on my bloglovin reading list.  For the past 5 days, from Wednesday to Sunday, I've been volunteering at a carnival held every year by my local volunteer fire department, which I am also a member of.  So Wednesday, Thursday and Friday consisted of getting up in the morning to go to my normal job, leaving a little early in the afternoon to have time to change and eat and then working at the carnival until about 11pm or so each night.  Saturday and Sunday I basically slept in as much as possible and then did things like laundry before heading up to the carnival.  That left me with little to no time for anything else really.  So I'm pretty behind as far as my reading up on the blogs I follow, editing pictures and posting to my own blog and last but not least, working on the April Showers Bring May Flowers Challenge.  I hope to get back on track this week though!

One of the things I did run across just now as I was reading posts from the past week is a post by Rebecca Likes Nails on how to add a photo gallery to your blog.  It's super easy to add and the results are pretty cool.  If you click on the link for Snapshot Photo Gallery under my header, you'll be taken to a photo gallery type layout of my blog through blogger that displays all the photos I've ever posted.  Clicking on an image will take you to the original blog post the image is from.  I think this is a great tool and a great way to scan through a blogger's collection of nail art and swatches.


There are several different types of dynamic views available besides snapshot, but snapshot seems to be the one that shows all the images versus just the first image from each post.  You can view the different dynamic views by clicking on the drop down box in the upper left hand corner and choosing one of the different view options.  To get back to the regular blog display, just click on the blog title at the very top left hand corner.

To add this feature, following Rebecca's instructions, all I had to do was go the Pages section of my blogger settings and add a new page, choosing the Web Address option rather than Blank Page.  In the spot for the web address, I entered my blog address plus /view/snapshot at the end (http://allthispolish.blogspot.com/view/snapshot).  You can basically do this to any blog set up through blogger.  So if you remember a specific manicure on someone else's blog that you wanted to try but can't find it and don't remember exactly what polishes they may have used in order to use the search box, all you would have to do is type /view/snapshot at the end of their blog address and you'll be able to quickly scroll through all of their pictures to find the post you were looking for.  It's so cool, don't you think!?

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! THANKS! I'm still on the old interface (for as long as I can hold on - LOL) and you do have to switch to the new interface for to get the link rather than blank page option. But I did it and then switched right back. Old habits die hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHMYGOSH THIS IS SO COOL!!! :D Thank you, THANK YOU!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brill. I've added this and done a blog including a link to your blog and this post :) x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...